The Obligatory About Page
I'm a Senior Software Engineer at Jacobian Engineering. I'd like to consider myself a generalist, but I tend to gravitate towards the following areas:
- Backend development
- Software Architecture
- Computer Security
What do I think about Things & Stuff?
What's an about page without philosophies right? Here are mine:
- Don't half-ass things.
- Hard work + passion = innovation.
- It's important to ask "why" as much as possible, even if you annoy people.
- Embrace the unexpected. Have direction in life, but don't be inflexible to change.
What interests me non-professionally?
I love the outdoors and believe that there's no such thing as being outside too much. You can usually find me:
- Running, especially trail half marathons. You can find me on athlinks or strava.
- Backpacking/Hiking: My favorites so far are the "Lost Coast", Big Sur, Yosemite, Mammoth, and Kirkwood.
- Sailing: SF Bay area, Sacramento Delta (the "Caribbean" of the California), and 6 weeks at sea spread out between the Greek Cyclades, Grenadines, and BVI).
- Road Biking: If you haven't done so, make sure to register for RSVP or STP. Beautiful countryside and friendly people!
- Dog Sledding: 10 days, 150 miles of sledding through the Alaskan Wilderness. And yes, the Northern Lights are spectacular. Thanks Bush Alaska Expeditions!
- Rock Climbing: In the warmer part of the year you can find me at Castle Rock or Bishop. Otherwise I'm practicing at Pacific Edge.
On the interwebs
You can find me at these places:
How can I reach you [to send money]?
Shoot me a note at [email protected]. Thanks for stopping by!